Web hosting is a service that allows you to store the files and data of your website on specialized servers, making them available on the internet. Here are some ways in which web hosting can help you:
- File Storage: A web hosting service provides you with space on servers to store all the files related to your website, such as HTML files, images, videos, CSS style sheets, and scripts.
- Online Accessibility: By hosting your website, you make it accessible to anyone with internet access. They can visit your site by typing your domain into a web browser and view all its content.
- Domain Management: Many web hosting services also offer domain registration, which means you can acquire and set up a unique domain name for your website. The domain is the web address that people use to access your site, like “www.example.com.”
- Email: With web hosting, you can set up custom email accounts based on your domain. This allows you to have a more professional appearance when communicating with visitors or customers through personalized email addresses like “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Server Management: The web hosting provider takes care of maintaining and managing the servers where your files are stored. This includes tasks such as software management, regular backups, server security, and technical maintenance.
- Scalability: Web hosting services typically offer plans that can accommodate different needs. You can start with a basic plan, and as your website grows, you can upgrade to plans with more resources and storage capacity.
- Technical Support: Web hosting providers often offer technical support to assist you with any issues or questions related to hosting your website. You can contact them via email, live chat, or phone.